I know that Balgavy has got the DVR talk monopolized but I've got something to say. And that something is that PBS is incredible! For years, I would check the listings, think something sounded interesting on PBS, and then not tape it or watch it. Through the magic of DVR, I've been watching a lot of amazing documentaries and new shows. In particular, I can't get enough of "American Experience" and "Frontline."
Recently, I have watched amazing shows on these varied topics:
- The Joe Louis- Max Schmeling fights in the 30's
- The Stock Market crash of 1929
- Third party candidates in this year's election (thanks Marc for the tip).
- Donald Rumsfeld and the Iraq War
- A fascinating documentary about Bush and Kerry.
If you didn't see it the first time, you have another chance. The Choice: 2004 is on again tomorrow night (at least in New York) so make sure you watch it. I know that most of you who read this blog haven't decided yet whether to vote for Bush or Kerry so maybe this show will help you decide.
Oh yeah, I also have a 90 minute documentary that I haven't watched yet about the politics of Dr. Seuss. All hail PBS.
Phillies 9 Mets 4
1 week ago