Still haven't signed my contract at Current School but am waiting any moment to be told I have to decide within a few hours. However, at this point, it looks like I will have until 4/3, when school resumes.
School Up the Block that I really want to work at next year finally got in touch with me. I have an interview with them the second week of April.
I need to go to the Board of Ed to get my city teaching license. Apparently, state certification ain't enough. If I have to get fingerprinted again, I'm going to be pissed. This would be the 3rd time since I moved to NY. Someone needs to explain to these folks how the mail works and that fingerprints don't change.
I'm sending out eleven resumes tomorrow. I would like to send out another ten or so after that. More internet research is in my near future.
I went to my former grad school today to discuss the move with Career Services. I feel optimistic.
Still, I went to my school yesterday for a bit to take care of a few odds and ends (printing out fantasy baseball literature being my favorite part). This put me in a funk the rest of the day. I love it there and it is going to be so so so hard to leave.
4 days ago