After picking up the pieces from last week's job interview choke, I feel slightly more relaxed. I've got 2-3 interviews coming up next week. British Head keeps trying to convince me to stay for another year.
Today, a new wrinkle -- Private School Up the Block got my resume from the search firm that I halfheartedly filled out an online application in January with. They really would like to meet with me to try to get me to make the move.
Why make a lateral move? I spoke to their Head today and told her that at this point, I'm either looking at making the move to the public schools or staying where I am. She understood but told me to call them if something changed in the next few weeks. She had already spoken to British Head earlier in the day about me. They know each other because British Head had worked at the Private School Up the Block for many years before coming to my school.
Not that this changes anything too much, but could this be the ticket that gets Red Pants to reconsider and go out of his way to convince me to stay? It is one thing to lose a teacher to the public schools, an entirely different one to lose one to the other neighborhood private school. Oh man, this is too much. Hell, maybe I should go check out the other school. Maybe I'll love it. But I should probably just stick with my original plan and make the move to the public sector. Either way, British Head is having a good time making my decision even harder.
3 hours ago