1. I dig that the last few episodes of Friday Night Lights featured songs by Camera Obscura, The Stooges, and Beulah. That show has settled into a nice little groove.
2. Loved, loved, loved the last episode of Heroes. And thanks to the marathon on Sci-Fi Channel, I've finally seen the first episode.
3. SHR and I have three more episodes of Battlestar Galactica, Season 2.5. We were so into it but Disc 2 was a little lackluster. It felt like the writers were just biding time to what they wanted to have at the end of the season. A lot of things being introduced that seemed disconnected to other events or major plot points that were just thrown at us. Overall kind of lazy.
Still, Slice said the end of the season is amazing. So as soon as that third disc arrives from Netflix, SHR and I excitedly watch it. I can't believe we've caught up so quickly. Does Sci-Fi Channel replay the current season or do they bury it until the DVD's?
And for the record, the major event that Beth said happened at the beginning of the first season still hasn't happened and we're nearing the end of the 20 episodes of Season 2 + 2.5. Beth, Beth, Beth.
4. I'm something like 0-12 vs. Mooney in squash. But once I scored 7 points against him. Progress.
5. We found a great house today that we want to buy. I doubt it will work out though for various reasons. Reason number one being we're not rich. Darn.
6. While we might not be rich enough to buy a house, we are rich enough to buy new stereo equipment. After years of wanting one, I finally broke down and bought a Bose Soundwave. It sounds damn good but I don't remember the bass being so damn high on it. It doesn't seem like you can fiddle with the settings. As Mitch once so eloquently said about the 5th Ave brunch venue that pre-syrups its french toast - how arrogant.
7. I can live with Barry Zito. Go get 'em Omar.
1 day ago