It's been quite exhausting but also incredibly exhilarating.
A few thoughts:
1. I don't understand how one boy can poop Grey Poupon and the other boy can poop pesto. They are eating the same thing and they share the same genetics. Shouldn't their poops look the same? Speaking of diapers, I still crack up thinking about the time when Otis peed right onto his face and then started to try to lick it up. Babies are disgusting.
2. It still amazes me that the little critters will scratch up their faces and rip out their eyeballs if you give them half a chance.
3. I'm looking forward to the day when they can hold up their own heads.
4. SHR and I spent too much time being afraid of bathing the guys.
5. I'm finally getting better at the art of swaddling.
6. Donovan told me that he read that you should play loud music for babies in the 1st 3 months. I decided to put together a playlist of some loud stuff, some atmospheric stuff, and some stuff that I think might emulate the sounds of the womb.
Current sleeping playlist includes Stereloab, Boards of Canada, David Bowie - Low, and Mogwai. Perhaps I should look into some of my classic playlists of yesteryear for inspiration for other loud jams.
7. Dr. Sears tells me to sing songs to babies while changing their diapers. I can't remember the words of songs unless I'm listening to them (and even then not so well) so I put together a playlist to sing along to.
Current diapering playlist includes Archers of Loaf - Web in Front and Plumb Line, VU - After Hours, Bratmobile - that song in Thai and Cool Schmool (once they understand the f bomb shouldn't be spoken, I'll have to take this one off the list), a couple of Buddy Holly songs, a couple of Searchers songs, an Ike and Tina song, plenty of Beatles, and plenty of The Coasters. The Coasters might be the perfect diapering band. I guess I should add some Otis Redding and Sam Cooke, huh?
8. Speaking of diapering, the velcro on the sides are so much better than the tape that used to be on diapers.
9. Not that we use them much, but I'm fascinated by the new pacifiers. You can see right through the suckers! You can see the whole sucking action as it happens! So bizarre.
10. Both boys are fascinated with this Howard Finster painting that we have on the wall. Sam started the fad but now Otis has joined in the fun.
11. This scene was always funny to me but now it's really really really funny.
In other Double Trouble news, I'll most likely be posting there a lot more regularly than I will in this space. I just posted the first Double Trouble movie. Hopefully, the audio won't be taken out by The Man in the way that some of my recent bocce movies scored to Rod jamz have been.
Mets 11 Padres 2
15 hours ago