1. The boys have lost a lot of their hair on the sides of their heads. SHR thinks they look like this guy from The Wire. But you know - cute and like babies, not grizzled cops.
2. Staying in shape has been hard. I've tried to do a bike ride or two a week (thank you Jason for spurring me to go) but it doesn't always happen. I've got to get more into Wii Fit but I don't trust it. It says I have good balance and good posture.
3. Summer Dad thought it was a good time to finally get some slip on Vans.
4. People who visit me during the day are a godsend. In particular, thanks go out to Bart and Jim.
5. I never thought I'd be happy to have to go run errands. I LOVE errands. They get me out of the apartment.
6. Walking SHR to the bus stop with the boys to see her off to work last week was truly great. Time to turn that into a regular happening.
7. We were told by the doctor not to make eye contact with them after any night feedings because then they think it is time to play. It is very hard to do though because they both always give me huge smiles as I swaddle them. They are tricky.
8. Current Double Trouble favorite songs:
Born to Run
Beat on the Brat
Web in Front
9. They are into watching TV when I'm watching TV. But I wonder - is that a bad thing if I'm watching things with a lot of long takes. I mean - isn't that kind of like them studying a painting? If I only watch movies like L'avventura, is it okay to have TV on?
10. Sam has discovered that kicking while taking a bath leads to a lot of splashing.
11. I hope that my terrible singing doesn't lead to them being unable to carry a tune.
12. My current favorite book to read to them is a book called Busy Chickens. It is quite riveting.
4 days ago