The day was full of meetings. And they were all pretty damn interesting. I think I'm really going to like it at my new school. I think it is the right fit. I must admit that I felt pretty damn inspired to hear about the history of the school from the school historian. It is a fascinating story -one that I will delve into at a later time.
Anyway - I can't believe it's over. Sure, there will be vacations and three day weekends, etc. but it won't be the same. I was pretty much with the boys every day from the time they were 3 months-old to the time they were 18 months-old. I'm going to miss hanging out with them all day.
Anyway, off the top of my head --
Thank You To:
- TV! Especially five seasons of How I Met Your Mother, three of Damages, almost six of The Shield, and the one glorious one of The Prisoner.
- Everyone who came over to hang out with me during the day. And also the people that helped out when SHR went to Europe for 6 nights in January. So many people pitched in to help out including Uncle Brian and Aunt Rosemary who stayed with me for a couple nights and even helped me bring the boys to their 8:30 am swim class at the Y.
Hanging out eating lunch at Stone Park Cafe during the middle of the week wasn't so bad. Or how about ice cream at The General Greene last summer? So many people helped keep me sane over the course of the past 14 months. Last summer - it was nonstop Jim Flood. Once we moved to Park Slope, the Thursdays with Chris and Amelia were perfect. And, of course, how could I have survived without Tuesdays with Bart?
- SHR's mom for watching the boys so I could take two baseball trips and so SHR and I could take a trip to Minnesota a couple of weeks ago.
- SHR for coming home everyday from a hard day at work and letting me relax for a spell. I might have been partly Mr. Mom but I sure as hell didn't do all the duties that a stay-at-home parent is supposed to do - like you know, cooking, cleaning, etc. Thanks yuhbow!
- And of course, Sam & Otis. The past year has been tough at times but it also has been unbelievably gratifying. I'm going to really miss my days with Double Trouble. They are the best.